|black suede cardi-forever21 brown skinny belt-dr. rings' cameo ring-the little things she needs black ring-mitchybelle pattern dress-mitchybelle vintage bag-topshop heart stocking-black suede heels|
I've been meaning to create such post about my fashion tips and tricks for a looong time ago. So, here it is, my first fashion tips. :)
Some of you girls are lucky enough to have someone to take your outfit photos. But some other girls, like myself, need to take the photos by themself. So here I will share you my way of doing one. Well, the idea is came from Fashionaddict, when she asked me how to do a self photo shoot. Basically, there are only three things you need to prepare, and that are:
1. A camera. (duh!) It's better to have an SLR camera coz it provides super fine picture quality. But if you don't, pocket camera with high resolution will do just fine. But if you happen to have neither, then I suggest you to save more money for an SLR. :) I am myself a Nikon user. I'm using D50 and been carrying it around with me for more than two years. Some people prefer Canon, coz they said the color are more contrast. Well, the reason I'm choosing NIKON, is because for me it's more user friendly than Canon. Canon has too much buttons, I think. :p And for the contrast differentiate, thank God we have Photoshop! So since I'm not into the twisted technical thingy on the photography, guess my Nikon is the best I've got. :)
2. A tripod. It's A MUST on taking a self photo-outfit! It reduces the possibility of breaking off your camera (coz it might fall when you set it up in un-decent places like the edge of a rack or shelves). With a tripod it's now possible to take an outdoor shoot.
3. A wireless remote. For the first while, I took my outfit photos without a remote. I was just using the self timer button on the camera. And it's VERY VERY VERY VERY tiring to jumping, or more often running, from the camera to the spot that I have to pose. The picture only captured two things: my sweat and a messy hair. So, here's the hints if you want to buy one: ML-L3 for Nikon, and RC-1/RC-6/Opteka RC-4 for Canon.
Now, this is practically what I do every time I did my outfit shoot:
1. Set the location where you gonna have the view as the background. Usually, I did a small research first of when does the place gets crowded with people. Coz here in my country, people stares!!! Ugh, hate that! Unlike in other country that I've been visited to or just heard of, when people stare and we stare back, they spontaneously know that we mind being stared. Here, if we just stared back, they will not stop staring and keep watching what we do. I have one time, scolded a man who's stared at me while doing my self photoshoot. I shooed the guys just like shooing the dog. I know I looked ridiculous, but I think it's rude to stares at people. ;)
2. Place the camera on your tripod and set at a range between 3-4 steps (it's completely up to you) from where you gonna pose. To have a clear head to toe photos, I usually set my tripod at certain heights, around my knees or just below my hips if the space isn't wide enough.
|Set your own range|
That's it! You're now ready to publish your photos into your blog with maybe a lil' bit editing. The greatest thing is, it's nice to be the photographer, the stylist, and the model at the same time! ;))
Hope this lil' tips could be useful for some of you who haven't got anyone to take your gorgeous outfit photos!
ps: I got bored with my hair and decided to cut my bangs asymmetrically couple days ago. What do you guys think? :)
Until next post, toodle-doodles!!