Tanks to my dear lovely new stylish friend, frees (@ freesiablog), I get to write my first tag-post. This is soooo exciting! xD So, here we go............
1. I have a chronic time-scheduling habit. I organize every activity in my everyday life, and that's include the time to dress up. Mostly, I spent more than an hour to decide my outfits everytime I go out. Therefore, I (used to) do a montage on the NIGHT BEFORE the event. Since that night is specifically timed for that montage, I have no reason becoming late (which I hate the most) on tomorrow's event. And what I reffer as 'event' is mostly e-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e I go out! That's pretty silly I guess.. :p And what's even more silly is: I (almost) NEVER wear what's being decided on the night before (on the montage), and always ends up with new pairs of outfits! LOL. Well, that I confess, is my past.. :) Now, I just spare 2 hours before my 'event': half an hour for shower, another half an hour for make up, and an hour for the montage. (Still......) ;p
2. Although it may seems to you (from my chronic habit in no.1 confessions), that I'm a type of perfectionist and tidy person, believe me, I'M NOT! :p This is my self-embarrassing confession: I usually tidy my clothes after three or four montages (1 montage = 1 day). Please don't judge me over this.. :p
Pile of clean clothes in the corner of the room
|Another big mess in other corner of my room|
3. I'm a HUGE fans of accessories. You can see it from the photos below.. :) I've been accidentally collecting them since high school. My current favorite accessories collection is statement rings. As I'm writing this post, I just bought a new big bow ring. It's on shipping, so I can't show it off to you ;p My rings, mostly I bought them online, coz it's cheaper. But some other, definitely Forever 21 who sell the best accessories (yet so much affordable) on earth! ;)
|Half of my necklaces (some still in my parents' house)|
|I love wood bangles!|
|Did I mentioned how I loooove purple? ;D|
4. In terms of color in fashion, I looove GOLD. Here in Indonesia, gold accessories has a certain stereotype of ‘The Accessories of New-Rich Village Lady’. Weird, huh? Having a gold bracelets or rings tends to be tacky here. White gold is more popular here for the middle to upper-class people. Well, since I’m not a big fan of trend, and I usually go against the stream, I wear the tacky gold anyway. ;) I used to be teased alot in high school coz I’m wearing many gold bracelets and outfits with bright gold thread. But now, it’s quite the opposite amongst the Indonesian fashionistas. Since the vintage style strikes the fashion world, I see more gold in girls’ hand and neck or clothes. Guess it’s good to stay on my own fashion principle and found out later that they becoming majority trend. Or not. :) Oh, and yes, I love other color derivatives from gold, particularly dark brown, chocolate brown, cream, yellow, and orange. Although I don’t avoid other colors, you would always see (at least) one of those earth color in my outfits..
|I lost those giant gold heart-shape ring.. :'(|
6. I have a very petite body, and that means I have to buy the first arrived collection in stores. Because what I know is, almost every fashion stores here in Jakarta, like Zara, Forever 21, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins (my fave), and so on are usually only stock 2 pieces of size 6 on every store (that means 2 pieces on every mall9). Sometimes, I’m fortunate enough to see the fresh collection and can buy the clothe in my size. But most of the time, they dontt stock enough size 6 for the outfit I’m already in love with in the first sight. :( Being desperate enough, I grab the medium size (8 or 10) and try it on. If after fitting I’m still falling in love with it looks, I never hesitate to pay that loose clothe :p That mostly what happens to me. The worse also happens to me: it’s more sucks when I finally get the size 6 for the clothe I fell for, but sadly don’t have the money to buy it. :p
7. I guess it’s not fair if I don’t mention about my fashion budget. Well, I confess that I’m (stupidly) NEVER set a budget for my shopping spree. I’m a horrible money spender. How much I have in my wallet, it always ends up empty. I have this guilty feeling if I don’t buy something (anything) every time I go to the mall. :( I know this has to change soon. Actually, right now I’m doing a method I make myself to avoid the empty wallet: I only get to buy 1 outfit every two or three weeks (I usually buy at least 1 clothe every week), and every weekend I only put money to eat and to buy a movie ticket in my wallet. Also, I’ve been avoiding my fave stores for weeks! ;p But, if I fail (which I obviously and clearly still failed as right now speaking, or writing), I blame it on the technology of online fashion shop!! They’re on my cell, my email, my facebook.. Arrrgh! Anyone should help me please.... by giving me money perhaps... :p :p
Wow, I didn’t realize it went quite long. I planned to be precise and short.. :p Finally, to pass the legacy I will tag these fabulous fellow stylista to post their 7 confessions:
Until next post, toodle-doodles!