For an early warning, this is gonna be a looong post to scroll. :p
So welcome to my first ever DIY fashion tips!! :D I'm glad to share this amazing tricks to make yourself an ombre clothing trend! And since pictures say more that a thousand words, so I'll just get started telling your the recipe thru it.. Here you go.
Kei, now there are also several tips I'd like to share with you..
1. DO NOT forget to put on you masker before started. Combining the two liquid will creates such strong smell. Also I would suggest to do the whole process outdoor, not indoor. (I didn't know, and I did it in my room. Turned out, my room had this strong chlorine odor for two days! Yukk!)
2. When you first mix the bleach and vinegar, make it a 1:4 proportion between vinegar and whitening bleach. You should pour the bleach more than the vinegar. TOO MUCH vinegar will give you burnt color (it will turns the color to ugly yellow!)
3.. It's IMPORTANT to do a test shot. Make a first cut on the edge of your jeans, and slice it small so you have many for the test shot. Until you have the right ration for your liquid mix on the bucket, then you could just dip your jeans into the bucket.
4. To make a soft color transition ombre (on the top of your jeans), tilt your jeans a bit so the liquid seeps your jeans bit by bit. Don't just dip it horizontally coz that will give you clear straight line between two colors.
5. After you finish, rinse the whole jeans and dry it. When it dries out, cut it short the way you like it. Then just razor the edge for the ripped look.
6. To complete your natural shredded jeans, now is the time to wash the jeans (with detergent). Coz rubbing the ripped jeans will bring out the shredded threads.
So that is it. You're good to try it. I didn't use any gloves when I did this, but I wouldn't suggest you to wet your hands with the mixed liquid. :)
Aaaand, I had a birthday 2 days ago! :D [oh no I'm getting old.....] I had a surprise cupcake from Monica of freesiablog. Come, have a bite! (virtually) ;))